Stuffed Chicken Legs with Ricotta, Mushrooms, & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Created by Roya on July 26, 2016
- 500 g full chicken legs (about 4 large pieces)
- 1/4 c sun-dried tomatoes (drained from oil)
- 1 pkg mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or butter
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 c ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- pinch salt & pepper
- Chop the mushrooms in very small dices, thinly slice the sun-dried tomatoes, and chiffonade the basil leaves.
- In a frying pan, sauté the mushrooms and garlic with butter until they are fully cooked and have released all their juices. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the ricotta cheese, basil, tomatoes, mushrooms and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, taste to adjust. Keep refrigerated.
- Debone the chicken legs without cutting through the skin, to create a pocket/cavity. Alternatively you may ask the butcher to do this for you!
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Stuff the chicken legs with the ricotta mixture all the way through to the drumstick, and secure the open end either by using twine or toothpicks.
- Place the thighs on a baking try, season with a bit of salt and pepper, and roast for 25 minutes until cooked through, the skin is crispy, and the juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken, let it rest for a minute, and slice on an angle into medium-thick pieces.
- Serve alongside a green salad or a potato side dish
Source: School of Culinary and Finishing Arts